Rough and Ready Baptist Church
Hilton Smith, Pastor
Statement of Faith, (a summary)
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9-13; 2 Peter 1:19-20, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
The Holy Scriptures, King James Version of 1611 shall be accepted as the final authority of matters relating to faith and practice, and the textbook for all teaching and related ministries of this church.
2. We believe there is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 4:24; James 1:17; Psalms 139:1-16; Isaiah 63:10; John 10:30; Matthew 28:19, John 16:7; John 15:26.
3. We believe in the Deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His ascension, and His personal return to establish His kingdom on earth. John 1:1-2; Romans 9:5; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Peter 1:1; Luke 1:31-35; Isaiah 7:14, Philippians 2:6-8.
4. We believe Satan is a person and that Hell is a place of eternal conscious punishment of all unsaved. Isaiah 14:12-14; Ezekiel 12:14; Genesis 3:5; Revelation 6:10.
5. We believe the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, makes believers children of God through his new birth, assuring them of heaven, and by his indwelling, enables Christians to live a godly life. Matthew 28:19; 2 Peter 1:21; John 16:9-11.
6. We believe the New Testament Church is an organized body of baptized believers practicing scriptural ordinances, and actively engaged in fulfilling the Great Commission. Ephesians 5:23-24; 1 Corinthians 5:4; Acts 13; Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:11-16.
7. We believe that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the blood of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:18-21; 1 John 2:2; Titus 3:5; Romans 5:1; Acts 16:31.
8. We believe in the eternal security of the believer. John 5:24; Romans 8:31-39; John 10:23-29.
9. We believe that baptism is a scriptural ordinance requiring immersion of believers, only to be administered by a New Testament church. Matthew 18:10-20; Acts 2:38; Acts 10:47; Acts 16:33.
10. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a scriptural ordinance of the church, to be partaken of by obedient Christians of like faith. 1 Corinthians 11:23-24.
11. We believe in a pre-millennial, pre-tribulation rapture of the saints. Titus 2:11-13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 20:14.
12. We believe in the resurrection of the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. 2 Corinthians 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Daniel 12:2, Revelation 20:14.